Napoli Outdoor Oven RecipesBack<
BAKED MAC AND CHEESE
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/4 cup White Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Flour, all-purpose
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 8 Oz Macaroni Pasta
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 Oz American cheese, cut into strips
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Prep 20 | Cook50 | Serves: 4
- 1) Preheat Napoli oven on Low for 20 minutes with door on.
- 2) Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium pan on medium heat. Sauté onions for 2 minutes until they start turning a bit translucent. Add flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Slow, pour in milk as you keep stirring. Add salt, mustard and pepper. Cook while stirring until mixture simmers and starts getting thicker. Add cheeses and stir until cheeses melt and are fully incorporated into sauce.
- 3) Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add to the cheese sauce. Mix well
- 4) Pour Mac and Cheese into a buttered 2 quart baking dish. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and bake in Napoli oven for 10 minutes on low, and an additional 5 minutes on medium heat until parmesan cheese is browns. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes before serving.