ROASTED LEG OF LAMB WITH ASIAN CRANBERRY RELISH
CHEF: Andres Dangond
Servings: 8 – 12
– 1 Leg of lamb (6 pounds approx.)
– 2 Tbs Garlic, fresh, minced
– 3 sprigs of Rosemary
– 1 Gallon of water
– 6 Tbs Salt, kosher
1. Make a brine by combining water, salt, garlic and rosemary in a large container, big enough to fit the whole leg of lamb. Submerge the lamb in the brine, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Insert the leg on the rotisserie pit, running it through the center of the leg parallel to the bone and secure it in place with the rotisserie forks. Turn rotisserie burner on and motor on at low speed. Place a pan directly below the leg of lamb to catch dripping liquids as it roasts. Close Lynx Grill and allow to roast for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches the desired doneness:
Rare: 125°F Medium Rare: 135°F Medium: 145°F Medium Well: 155°F Well: 165°F
3. When done, remove from rotisserie pit and allow to rest for 10 minutes on a cooling rack or plate.
4. Carve and serve immediately.
Asian Cranberry Relish
1 cup Cranberries, dry, chopped
½ cup Vinegar, rice
½ cup Orange Liqueur
2 Tbs Sugar, brown
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Szechuan pepper, ground
1 tsp Sesame oil, roasted
¼ tsp Coriander, ground
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepot and simmer for 5 minutes, until cranberries are soft. Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.