SWEET-SOY & BLACK PEPPER CRUSTED SALMON LOLLIPOPS
CHEF: Andres Dangond
- 12 3” long by 1” thick Salmon pieces, skin off. About 1.5 pounds.
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- ¾ cup Sugar, brown
- ¼ cup Black Pepper, ground
- Vegetable Oil Spray, as needed
1. Combine soy sauce, water and brown sugar in a medium bowl until sugar is fully dissolved. Add salmon pieces and make sure they are well covered with the sweet soy marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
2. Preheat Lynx Grill to medium/high heat, or 500 F.
3. Pat dry the salmon pieces and insert them in the top part of a skewer, use one skewer per piece of salmon. Spray salmon on all sides with vegetable oil. Place black pepper on a small plate and lightly press one small side of the salmon skewer on the black pepper.
4. Grill salmon skewers for about 1 minute on each side (don’t grill the black pepper crusted side). Glaze the salmon lollipops with sweet soy marinade and serve immediately.