Try these delicious sliders right from Ingrid’s grill to your Lynx. Perfect for afternoon grilling when you’ve got guests over.
Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Spread
- Makes 2 cups
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Delicioso adobo (recipe below) or adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon achiote powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Mix and keep in a tight lid jar or up to 3 weeks.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Cholula chipotle sauce
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin
- 3/4 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Delicioso adobo (recipe below) or adobo seasoning
- 12 small Hawaiian sweet rolls or slider buns, split
- 24 sliced pickle rounds
- Potato sticks
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- To make the spread, pulse the Cheddar cheese, pimientos, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and adobo in a food processor until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To make the burgers, whisk the ketchup and chipotle sauce together in a small bowl. Transfer 1/4 cup of the ketchup mixture to a large bowl. Add the sirloin, chuck, bread crumbs, and adobo and mix well. Shape the mixture into 12 (3-inch round) patties. Reserve the remaining ketchup mixture to serve with the burgers.
- Place the patties on the grill. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns; top each burger with some of the cheese spread, two pickle rounds, and bun tops. Serve with remaining ketchup mixture and potato sticks. Refrigerate remaining cheese spread to serve another time.
- NOTE: LEFTOVER CHEESE SPREAD CAN BE SPREAD ON CRACKERS OR SERVED AS A DIP WITH VEGGIES. IT CAN STAY IN THE REFRIGERATOR FOR UP TO 1 WEEK.