Devin Alexander concocted the perfect lean steak recipe with her Honey-Lime Marinated London Broil recipe. Try it tonight!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds trimmed London broil (top round steak)
- Whisk the lime juice, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl.
- Stir in the garlic and salt.
- Place the steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and rotate it so the steak is covered with the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinate the steak for at least 6 hours or overnight, rotating it occasionally, if possible.
- Preheat grill to HIGH.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the grill. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until the desired doneness is reached. Place the steak on a plate or cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice into thin slices against the grain and serve immediately, or refrigerate the uncut steak in an airtight container and slice it just before serving.
Recipe taken from Devin Alexander’s THE MOST DECADENT DIET EVER! Copyright © 2008 by Devin Alexander published by Broadway Books, a division of Random House Inc. www.devinalexander.com