Ever a fan of reinventing the everyday, Devin of our Lynx Grills Sales Team wowed attendees (and kept them coming back for more!) at the Annual Renwes BBQ Cook-Off with his famous taco recipe. His secret? Dressing up coleslaw with the right flavors to sophisticate this dish.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coleslaw mix
- Small soft-shell tortilla shells
- Shredded Cheese
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- John Henry’s Pecan Rub
- John Henry’s Mojave Garlic
- Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole’s Seasoning
- Add the boneless chicken thighs to a large mixing bowl. Using the Pecan Rub, Mojave Garlic and Tony’s Seasoning, sprinkle a liberal amount (spread evenly) on the chicken. Take the chicken and place it in an air tight zip-lock bag and place into refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- On the day you are preparing the Taco’s, open coleslaw mix and place into a large zip-lock bag. Next add 1-2 oz of creamy Italian dressing. Add a liberal amount of shredded cheese, then add ¼ cup of Pecan rub. Finally add 3 long squirts of Sriracha! Close the bag and mix the ingredients by shaking the bag. Let coleslaw mix sit for at least an hour.
- Preheat your grill. If you have a Lynx Allsear this should only take 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken on the grill; using your infrared burner 3-4 minutes per side will prepare a tender, juicy, tasty piece of chicken!
- While the Chicken rests, turn the grill down to the lowest heat setting and place your tortilla’s on the grill, this should take about 15 second per side. Next; slice the chicken, add the coleslaw mix to the tortilla followed by the chicken slices.
Leonard Says: If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. But if you’re a fan of adding spice to your life, add a few dollops of Sriracha!